Friday, September 6, 2013

Breakfast Ideas

Whoa was yesterday crazy! Those of you reading who are teachers or work in the schools- are your students going bananas too or is it just me?

I wanted to linkup to SkinnyMeg for breakfast ideas. I'm part of her dietbet group where you can put in $25 and anyone who loses 4% of their bodyweight by October 1st gets to split the pot. I'm always up for making a few extra $$.

Here are some things I love for breakfast. Some are Reset recipes and some are just what I eat normally.

1. Oatmeal

I make a big batch Sunday and throw it in the fridge, then I can microwave portions quickly. I use steel cut oats. The convience packs can be loaded with sugar and chemicals so I avoid those.

Also I just discovered these and they are AWESOME!! It's frozen steel cut oatmeal and you just pop it in the microwave for 3 minutes and top it. It's all natural-no preservatives.

Here are some of my favorite toppings:

1. Dried cherries & unsweetended dark chocolate chips
2. Apples, walnuts, and pure maple syrup (the real stuff, not the traditional bottled syrup).
3. Blueberries and agave syrup
4. Bananas, pecans, and PB2
5. 1/2 scoop of chocolate shakeology (or protien powder), fresh strawberries, and a little bit of stevia

2. Egg Muffins

Take either egg whites or whole eggs, mix with toppings, bake in muffin tin, put in the fridge. I'll eat these with a side of fresh fruit for breakfast.

Here are some mix-ins I love:

1. Chopped turkey bacon, green pepper, onion- top with salsa
2. Chopped turkey sausage, mushroom, spinach
3. Mushrooms, onions, peppers, spinach, and diced tomatoes

You can really take any omelet toppings and just mix them in.

3. Waffles 

I am obsessed with these. They are amazing! I'll top them with a little pure maple syrup or just eat them plain and then add a side of fruit.

4. Greek Yogurt, fresh figs, pecans, raw honey



I love this so much! It's very filling too.



Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment