Thursday, May 30, 2013

Clean Eating Veggie Noodles


I did a post last week on clean eating lifesavers. I included a fabulous gadget that makes noodles out of vegetables.


I use this tool weekly to make "pasta" for lunch. I like to use zucchini or carrots, but you have really use any oblong veggies such as sweet potatoes, cucumbers for a cold noodle dish, or even squash. I actually really want to try this with beets by cutting them into longer strips.

You can also just cut the zucchini with a knife or a veggie peeler!


My go to recipe is to take zucchini and make the noodles.

Then I boil them for just a minute or two (this step is optional if you're reheating the next day).

Then take any veggies or meat you want and cook them for the topping. I use red, green, and yellow peppers as well as mushrooms. Saute in olive oil and throw it on the noodles. The top with a little bit of sauce (I use Mario Batali) and you're done. So easy and so delicious. The calorie count on this is extremely low too :)



I didn't even get a picture of the finished product. It was delicious though!

Although it's an all veggie dish, it's very filling and very delicious! It can be made as a side with some salmon or grilled lean meat or paired with a sweet potato for dinner.

I'm nervous to weigh in tomorrow. I definitely did my fair share of stress eating/gym skipping this week :/


No comments:

Post a Comment