Monday, May 20, 2013

Motivation Monday

Good Morning!

I'm doing a linkup today with Jess @ Operation Skinny Jeans

Operation Skinny Jeans



My three goals for this week are:

1. Workout at least 5 times this week for  1 hour

2. Drink Shakeology for breakfast Monday-Friday

3. Eat a vegetable or fruit as part of every meal



I didn't do any formal meal planning last night because I got tied down with homework (that I waited until the last possible minute to do), so I was already scrambling this morning.

I had a scoop of  greenberry shakeology blended with frozen mango and unsweeted almond milk for breakfast. It was amazing! If you haven't tried shakeology I HIGHLY recommend it! I feel so much better since I've started drinking it and it's an easy way to get all of your nutrients in. It also keeps you full for a while which is awesome for me :) Let me know if you have any questions about it.
For lunch I'm going to be eating one of these Amy's Bowls. They are my staple when I don't plan ahead, I don't rely on them often so I don't feel to guilty eating one today. They are mostly clean and have low sodium. However I do prefer to make my own food so I will be planning ahead for the rest of the week. I definitely recommend having some healthy frozen entrees on hand on those days when you didn't make lunch ahead of time. This will save you from eating junk food or fast food! 




For dinner we will be having grilled filets (pricey but they are the leanest steak that I actually like) and grilled vegetables (I like zucchini and mushrooms and Jeff will probably have mushrooms and onions). 

Happy Monday :)

4 comments:

  1. Great goals for the week! I'm using WW, and I've found that it really encourages/forces me to add more fruits and veggies into my diet, in order to feel full without going over my points. As long as you plan ahead, it's really easy to sneak in extra fruits and veggies throughout the day (banana with breakfast, carrots + hummus with lunch, etc.). You can do this!

    Carolyn @ http://fitnastyforlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting and for the encouragement, Caroline :) I think it's great that weight watchers has been so successful for you. All the best on your journey as well!

      Delete
  2. Vegetable or fruit with every meal is a great goal to have! I do pretty well with fruit but could definitely stand to eat more veggies. good luck with your journey! You can do this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the sweet comment! I completely agree- fruit is much easier than veggies for me squeeze in during the day. I need to work on eating more vegetables, because of the sugar content in fruit. Fruit is still better than candy though :)

      Delete