Saturday, May 18, 2013

My First Blog Post :)

Well here goes nothing...

I have been wanting to start a blog for quite some time now and I finally decided to do it. I hope this helps keep me accountable for my weight loss and also (if someone actually reads it at some point) will help inspire others. I have been overweight my whole life and I don't want to go through life feeling self conscious and always worrying about looking fat. I don't want to never get to wear a bikini or never know what it's like to where all of those cute clothes I see other women wearing.

A little about myself: I am a 24 year old Iowan girl living in North Carolina. I moved down to NC two years ago for graduate school to get my Master's in Counseling. I got very lucky and got hired as an elementary school counselor half way into my program. However juggling a 45 hour per week job, school, and a personal life can be quite a challenge.

I recently got engaged on April 1st (Yes, April Fools Day- smooth move honey) and that further gave me motivation to lose weight. I definitely don't want to be self conscious on my wedding day!

This is Jeff (the fiance). We've been together for a little over 4 years now. He is my polar opposite and I love him dearly. I end up learning a lot from him- although we do butt heads sometimes too. 








This is Miley (the white one) and Lacey (the tan one). They are my 2 year old mini pomeranians. I'm pretty much obsessed with them. But look at those faces, how could you not be?


So that's pretty much it for today. I'm going to be posting workouts, recipes, meal plans, and the daily successes and struggles I go through. I currently weigh 214 pounds and my goal is 135. Let's do this!


No comments:

Post a Comment