Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Oh Tuesdays, How I Love You

So this week has not been a fun one so far. I get to have to work late all week :( But on a positive note (work) school gets out in 3 weeks! Then it's summer :) I'll have grad school, moving, and wedding planning to keep me occupied along with lots of exercising! I plan to really hit it hard this summer once I'm not spending 50 hours a week at my job.

I was talking to my trainer this morning about how I only have 3 more weeks of work (I'm a school guidance counselor for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about) and she was saying she's jealous I get the summer off, because she doesn't get breaks to look forward to. On one hand I totally get it, but part of me wishes we didn't have 3 month breaks, because we all (the kids and adults) start to get pretty restless the few months leading up to summer and it makes work a lot harder! I remember feeling sorry for the teachers when I was a kid, because I thought they wanted to be at school and were sad to go home...oh sweet naive little Julia :)

Now that I'm off of my tangent I was going to talk about how difficult it is for me personally to stay focused on nutrition and exercise on busy days. Case and point- last night. After leaving at 6 am and then coming home at 7 pm from work I did not want to cook (like I would have rather chopped an arm off at that point than to stand in the kitchen).

So what do you think I did?

Those of you thinking I put my big girl panties on and cooked anyway are sadly mistaken. We went out and picked up fast food burgers. It pains me just to write it honestly.

Despite my meal planning I just gave it all up and ate crap. And guess how I felt? Like crap! You really are what you eat sometimes.

Although today is another long one I am making a vow to myself to cook a healthy dinner tonight despite how tired I am. Because nothing is worth feeling like I felt today. Food hangovers- no bueno!

Hope everyone is having a terrific Tuesday.

And just because I don't believe in blogging with no pictures, here is a shameless selfie of me at work (in between seeing all of my students)




3 comments:

  1. Hi!! I'm a new follower. I found you through Hubby Jack!! I'm a teacher and I CAN'T WAIT until summer!! Even though I work all summer, too. lol.

    Looking forward to reading more about you.
    Come check me out if you want!!
    www.hopelesslyeverafter.blogspot.com

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the comment and for stopping by to read my blog! I really apprecite it :) Hopefully your school gets out before ours- we have to come back for a half day on a Monday!
    I will definitely check out your blog! Thanks again for commenting- it made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a school counselor too and know exactly what you mean! :)

    ReplyDelete