Friday, July 12, 2013

I'm Coming Hoooooooommmmmmeeee (I apologize for the Motley Crue song now stuck in your head)

T-minus 8 hours until we drive to Iowa. I'm SO excited to see my family and friends. It's been 8 months so a visit is long overdue! There is nothing better than getting to give my mom a hug or laughing with my friends in person. Phone calls are great and all, but nothing beats seeing loved ones in person. I'll also get to finally get some wedding planning done.

On the down side, it's a 22 hour drive. In a car with 2 pomeranians and someone who can't stop listening to Pink Floyd (love you honey). It's fun for a few hours, but the car ride can be very tiring.
One thing that exhausted me on previous trips was constantly stopping for fast food. I would always feel sluggish afterwards and bloated. So this time I planned ahead and here is what I've come up with for our trip.

Strawberries and Blueberries

Baby Carrots

Mangos and pineapple

Apples and Plums

Yellow tomatoes (my fave) and sugar snap peas

Dark Chocolate bar for a sweet treat

Don't judge, it's my small cheat (Jeff and I split it)

Clean Sandwiches. Turkey, White Cheddar, Lettuce, Spicy Mustard on Whole Wheat

 2% Cheese Cubes

My favorite clean bars. Soo good!

To eat with my apple

Raw Cashews and Almonds

Kettle chips are actually clean, Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potato Chips, Skinny Pop     



With all this great food we should be able to avoid having to stop during the day to eat out. We still plan to eat dinner somewhere both days (we split the drive into 2 days). I will be making healthy dinner choices. Also one of my biggest tips for long car trips: DRINK LOTS OF WATER!! It's so easy to rely on energy drinks or soda, but they make you bloated and tired. Water is the best.

I'll be blogging from Iowa as much as I can. We're going to be there until July 25th. Then we get to roadtrip all over again :) Whooo hoooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment