Monday, July 15, 2013

The Best Therapy in the World

Our roadtrip to Iowa went really well. The puppies behaved themselves and Jeff actually drove the whole way through so we made it without having to stop at a hotel. I didn't drive for one second. I'm pretty sure I owe him on the way back.

I ate my roadtrip food the whole way and I couldn't be happier for planning ahead! It honestly made me feel so much better to not eat fast food. Although to be honest Jeff got KFC popcorn chicken at a rest stop and I tried a bite, but it was disgusting!

Lacey had to be up front the whole time, no pictures of Miley because she had to be under the seat the entire drive



That can't be comfortable

I told him to smile...


We finally got to Iowa at 7am and went to my parents house. We hung out for a little bit and then drove 45 minutes to Jeff's parents house. Then we drove another 45 minutes to his sister's house. This is pretty much what I'll be doing the next 2 weeks.

Getting a hug from my mom was the best feeling ever. I've missed her so much! Today we went to Zombie Burger with my mom, Jeff, and his sister Jackie. Jeff had been dying to go there (haha dying...get it...like zombies...never mind) so I gave up on my plan to not eat anywhere unhealthy and just went along for the ride. I got the T-virus burger which was a small burger with portabella mushrooms, swiss, lettuce and tomatoes. It was good and not greasy!

Jackie got this:

















It's called the Walking Ched. It's breaded and deep fried  macaroni and cheese buns, more mac and cheese, bacon, cheddar cheese, caramelized onion, and mayo. I seriously don't want to know how many calories is in that. She said it was delicious- I'll take her word for it!

They also had burgers with eggs and bananas and all sorts of things on there. It was a pretty cool place. We also went to the Chocolate Storybook and got some fancy chocolates (aka diet busters). I had one and called it a day.

After that Jeff and his sis went back to Ames and I got to hang out with 2 of my best friends. I'm so mad I didn't get pictures, but we'll have to get some another night.

My friend Lindsey took me to a place called Glazed Expressions and we painted pottery. It was so fun! I've always been skeptical of those places since I'm not artistic at all, but it was a blast! She was so sweet and got me my piece as an engagement gift. I made a platter for all of my fruit and vegetable displays I bring to parties. I'll post a picture once it's ready (it takes a week for them to glaze it and fire it in the kiln).

Then we met up with my friend Julie and went to PF Changs. I got green beans and lettuce wraps! It was amazing! I'm obsessed with that restaurant, but my body can definitely tell how much sodium I've had today.  It's really been a struggle to eat healthy while I'm back, but I need to figure it out because I'm not going to gain weight on this trip!

In other new I have joined the Operation Skinny Jeans Fit Club! I'm so excited to be part of the group. The ladies have already been so supportive and I hope we can all help each other to reach our goals.

Hope everyone (if anyone is reading this) has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment