Thursday, July 11, 2013

Staying on Track During Moving (aka what I should have done differently)

Internet is up and running. Thank goodness. I was losing my mind.

So in hindsight there are a lot of things I should have done differently to stay on track during the move. Here are some tips to follow. It's basically everything I wish I had done.

1. Plan ahead by making healthy meals and freezing them. That way when it's dinner time you can just pop one in the oven instead of ordering pizza or hitting up the drivethru.

2. Pack lots of healthy snacks. Fruit, nuts, veggies, healthy cracks & hummus...we didn't snack at all so by the time we ate I ended up eating 2-3 times more than I usually would.

3. Buy some healthy frozen entrees to eat quickly for lunch. I live Amy's or EVOL. Or make some sandwiches or other quick things to heat up for lunch. You could also eat leftovers. Just don't do what I did and eat fast food for lunch.

4. Stay hydrated. Drink lots of water. Soda and energy drinks may be tempting, because you're exhausted, but water is a much better choice.

5. Don't overwork yourself. We ended up working way too hard the first few days and ended up pretty useless the next few. You're better off pacing yourself. Exhaustion also leads to poor nutrition choices.

I weighed myself today now that our scale is here and I gained 8 pounds! That breaks my heart, because I undid a month's worth of work this week by eating horribly. I'm hoping some of this weight is from water retention due to all of the sodium I have consumed. This is when it is crucial to not beat myself up and to just keep going on my healthy journey instead of giving up.

Also I know I have preached this before, but I can't tell you how crappy I've felt from eating all of this junk. My body hurt, I felt sluggish, and my mood was always kind of blah. I really think this is due to my poor diet (although moving didn't help). I am excited to feel like my normal self again. Here we go again.

2 comments:

  1. It's ridiculous and amazing (in a bad way) how much weight can be gained from not eating right. I had gotten down to 141.8 on July 3 and after eating like I did on July fourth I'm back to 144.8. THREE freaking pounds that I can not seem to shake. I know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it really is! Good luck with the 3 pounds. You can do it :)

      Delete