Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Clean Crockpot Salsa Chicken



I've always loved salsa chicken. It's the easiest recipe and it's soooo good! The traditional recipe calls for chicken breasts, a jar of salsa, cream of chicken or mushroom soup, a taco seasoning packet, sour cream and optional add ins (beans, corn, peppers...) and I ate it served over Knorr's Rice Sides Mexican Rice.

This was a go to recipe for me when I was simply tracking calories. Now that I'm eating clean I decided to modify the recipe. The new one tastes even better than the old one!

Salsa Chicken- Clean Version

2 chicken breasts
1 jar clean salsa (no preservatives or chemicals)- I like Green Mountain Gringo Salsa
1 container of pacific cream of mushroom or chicken soup
2 tbsp (or more to taste) homemade taco seasoning (recipe in this post)
2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
Optional add ins (corn, blackbeans, peppers...)

Directions

1. Place chicken, salsa, taco seasoning, and soup in crockpot. Cook on low for 4 hours (crockpots vary)
2. Once chicken is cooked shred with a fork (right in the crockpot)
3. Once shredded mix in greek yogurt and any addins you like (I just do corn) and cook additional half hour

Eat plain or over rice. I eat it with Seeds of Change Rice. Soooo good! This recipe makes leftovers :)

Lunch the next day :)


I'm also cleared to workout again! I signed up for a new gym and have a trainer twice a week to teach me new routines. It feels great to be back at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment