Thursday, August 1, 2013

I'm back!

Can I just apologize (again) for failing miserably at blogging? Being home in Iowa for 2 weeks left me very little time to blog. I had a wonderful time, but my sleep schedule, eating, exercising, and blogging suffered quite a bit. 
We just got back and I'm excited to continue on my healthy journey. While we were in Iowa we bounced from city to city daily and often ate out. I didn't exercise once. Yikes.

However the two weeks were worth it! I got to see my family and friends and that is worth everything to me. You may notice I don't often take pictures and post them on my blog. Honestly this is for two reasons: 
1. I am VERY self-conscious about my weight 
2. I rarely go out with friends here in NC. I'm usually working or doing homework. 

I was very happy to finally take some pics! I even managed to not be super self-conscious and pulled my camera out frequently. Here are some highlights from my trip:







One of my best friends Lindsey and I
Shameless selfie before my friend Ashley's wedding




We're next babe! Love his fake smile :)

Hanging out at cocktail hour

Ashley is the most gorgeous bride ever!

My cousin Tanya and I bridesmaid dress shopping for my wedding
(we didn't pick a dress- can't please 8 girls, yes I have 8 bridesmaids)

My sweet future niece Aubrey wanted to try on a dress too


My friend Jenny and I. My friends actually made me try on a wedding dress. Hello weight loss inspiration!



I bought this for the 22 hour trip home. Can't wait to try some of the recipes and share!

One really exciting thing happened while I was gone. I graduated from East Carolina University with my Masters in Counseling!!!! No more homework EVER again!!! Can you tell I'm excited?? 

My friend Kayla and I are signing up for a new gym and she's going to be my workout buddy every morning bright and early. Can't wait to get back on track! 













No comments:

Post a Comment