Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Coming Clean

So I've sat down to write this post many times, but have chickened out. I'm not sure if anyone reads my little blog, but if they do I certainly don't want to have anyone judge me for personal choices I make.

I don't know if you remember, but when we left off I weighed 212 pounds.

This is what I weighed this morning.



I also haven't worked out since the end of June. 

Why you may ask? Have you totally just given up? Are you just being lazy?

Truth is (insert eyeroll because now when I hear that phrase I think about that stupid thing on facebook where people have to "like" your status and then someone tells something true...dumb) that I got cosmetic surgery at the end of June. I had breast augmentation.
There are several decisions for this.
1. I have never even been able to fill out an A cup bra
2. I've wanted them forever
3. The timing was finally right
4. I may be able to work on my weight, but there wasn't much I could do about this part of my body to change it.

I don't know why I feel the need to justify my choice, but I'm finally putting it out there.
I instantly gained weight after surgery and while I thought it would just drop off it hasn't budged. My doctor said that's normal and it may take a few months, but it's still mentally REALLY hard for me to gain that much so fast.

If anyone has questions about the surgery please feel free to ask me! I'm being open because it's pretty much pointless for me to hide it (plus I finally told my parents when I came back to Iowa) and I'm actually really happy to offer advice if anyone is thinking about it.

I know some people think plastic surgery is wrong and God made you the way you are. I completely respect everyone's opinion, but in the end it's my body and I did what I wanted with it. I'm beyond happy with my decision and don't regret it at all.

I'm glad I finally wrote about it. I feel better already :)

2 comments:

  1. Girl, don't worry about what others think. If you feel good about it, then that is all that really matters. Congrat's that's one weight gain that is worth it.

    ReplyDelete