Monday, August 19, 2013

It's Turbo Time!!

*Bonus point if someone can name the movie from the title*

I've started some new things this week! First off, I really thought about where I can show improvement on my fitness journey.

1. I need to do more cardio
2. I need more structure in my workout schedule
3. I need to increase my intensity
4. I need some motivation :)

So to help with these needs I started TurboFire today and...I LOVE it! I could feel the intensity in the workout and it was fun. Those two things are my winning combo. I hate videos where you don't feel the challenge or the ones that are boring.


I also have begun to meal plan again because I go back to work tomorrow. I'm sad summer is over, but truthfully I need some routine in my life. I just wish I didn't work 50 hours a week...but what can you do.

Another change I made is that I bought a calorie tracker for workouts and finally started using the fitbit flex I bought months ago. So far it's really helping me! I'm still waiting for the calorie tracker to arrive.

I also joined a few challenge groups for extra motivation.

Here is what I have planned for the rest of the week.

Tuesday- Wake up at 5:30 am and do TurboFire
                Breakfast- Flax waffle and fruit
                Lunch- Evol Bowl
                Dinner- Clean taco salad

Wednesday- Breakfast- Greek yogurt with figs and pecans
                     Lunch- Spicy Chicken Spaghetti Squash
                     Dinner- Salmon with mango-avocado salsa and quinoa stuffed zucchini
                     5:00pm- workout with trainer (arms day). Scheduled rest day with TurboFire

Thursday- Wakeup 7:30 and do TurboFire (we work 11-7pm do to open house)
                  Breakfast- eggs, turkey bacon, fruit
                  Lunch- Southwestern Salad
                  Dinner- Crockpot Clean Chili (will post recipe- it's delicious!)

Friday- Wake up 5:30 and do Turbofire
             Breakfast- Flax waffle and fruit
             Lunch- Leftover chili
             Dinner- Cajun Stuffed Chicken (will also post recipe)

I have nothing planned for the weekend yet (except turbofire). Writing this down makes me feel more accountable and I also have a place to look if I forget the plan.

I took my initial measurements today:

Weight- 224.2
Bodyfat- 38.2 %
Hips- 47.5 inches
Waist- 26.5 inches
Thighs- 29.5 inches (bigger than my waist??)
Arms- 15.5 inches
Chest- 42 inches

I will measure again in 4 weeks. TurboFire is a 20 week program! I plan to take measurements every month. On top of the program, which is mostly cardio, I work with my trainer on weights 3x per week. I will eventually do a hybrid of Les Mills Pump (bodypump) and TurboFire. Then when I get super crazy I'm adding in Brazil Buttlift.

That's the plan and I'm sticking to it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment