Thursday, June 27, 2013

Exciting News!!

I get to guest blog for one of my favorite bloggers: Jess at Operation Skinny Jeans. My excitement is through the roof! I'll be sure let everyone know once my post is up on her page, but if you're not already reading her blog I highly recommend it!

I have been loving summer so far. It's been nice not having to work every day. Aside from moving and graduate school, I've gotten to just relax and experiment with clean recipes in the kitchen.

I have developed a serious addiction to spaghetti squash. If you've never had it you're really missing out! It's a squash that you cook and the insides can be scraped out into spaghetti-like strands.

This was my lunch yesterday.


It's half of a spaghetti squash filled with vegetables and Mario Battali Tomato Basil Sauce.
The easiest way I have found to cook spaghetti squash is to take a knife and cut several holes in it. Then place the whole thing in the microwave for 10 minutes. Then just cut in half, scrape out the seeds, and take a fork to either scrape out the "spaghetti" or you can just leave it in the squash to use as a bowl like I did above.

I sauteed mushrooms, mini sweet peppers, and spinach in a little coconut oil. I placed some tomato basil on the squash and then put the vegetables on top. Such an easy, healthy, and filling lunch!

I was making clean enchiladas for dinner last night and had my filling cooked and tortillas grilled. All that was left was to bake everything in the oven. Well of course with my luck the oven wouldn't turn on. I tried everything from unplugging it and replugging it in to kicking it (that one didn't work-surprise surprise). So we ended up with open faced enchiladas that were microwaved...not too bad actually :)

One week until we move! I'm so excited! We are moving to a smaller apartment, but it will be so nice to save money PLUS I get to redecorate which is one of my favorite things ever. Any moving tips and decoration ideas are more than welcome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment