Sunday, June 2, 2013

Wedding Stuff (A non weightloss related post)

It's been 2 months since Jeff and I have gotten engaged so I thought I would write a little bit about that instead of only focusing on weight loss. Getting engaged and knowing I will be walking down the aisle in a year is HUGE motivation for me to shrink down, but I also don't want that to be my only focus.

I'm really excited for our wedding. We are getting married June 21, 2014 in Iowa. Living in North Carolina has made wedding planning challenging, but I'm making pretty good progress. We are going home in July to see our friends and family and we will finally be able to pick a venue out which will reduce my stress level by 1000%.

Jeff proposed on April 1, 2013 on the first day of our cruise. We wanted to take a vacation for spring break and I had no clue he was going to propose. We had been dating 4 years and I thought it was never coming. He popped the question in our room. It was one of the best moments of my life that I will never forget.
Day we got engaged :)

Shamless ring shot- but I am so in love with this ring! He did an amazing job picking it out. 
So far I have picked out our wedding colors (blush and gold), chosen my bridesmaids (8 of the best ladies I know), hired a wedding coordinator (Liz at ETM Events) and photographer (Aly Carroll Photography), and started designing the invitations (INKsational Design on Etsy). I can't wait to get more done once work is out for the summer and we get to make the trip back home.
Not our cake, but this is my color insiration
Draft of our wedding invitations

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! 


1 comment: