Tuesday, June 18, 2013

No Motivation (Must be a Tuesday)

Today has been very blaaaaaaah. I have gradwork, packing, cleaning, and more gradwork to do. And I'm sitting here watching Law and Order SVU and wasting time.

Oh and snuggling with the puppies. Lacey, the brown one, and I are both being lazy today. We've been sitting around taking pictures (gotta love my macbook photobooth). My white one, Miley, is running around and barking as usual.



I went to Raleigh the other day for a doctor's appointment and stopped by Whole Foods for the first time. I am officially in love with that store! I brought home two bags full of food. I wish so badly that we had one closer to us. 

I ate lunch there as well. I had a salad with veggies and balsamic, grilled zucchini and squash, and roasted tomatoes and garlic kale. Soooo good!



Speaking of kale if you haven't tried kale chips yet I HIGHLY recommend it! Even Jeff liked them (much to both of our suprise). He said they were "pretty good for leaves". Men.

Here's the recipe:
Kale Chips

Kale leaves: torn into large pieces
Himilayan Salt 
Pepper 
Olive Oil
1. Tear kale leaves into pieces and toss in bowl
2. Add a small amount of olive oil and mix until the leaves are barely coated
3. Spread on baking sheet with parchment paper
4. Add salt and pepper to taste or any other spices you'd like (I hear paprika is good for a little kick)
Preheat oven to 350
Bake on one side for about 5 minutes, flip and then watch them carefully. They should be crispy but not brown. They can overcook very easily, so watch them carefully. 



Try them if you've never made them! They are delicious and much healthier than standard potato chips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment