Sunday, June 30, 2013

It's Moving Week!!!


Moving week is here!! We move to our new apartment on Friday! Jeff and I are both so excited! I don't know if I've ever blogged about how much we HATE our apartment, but we are both beyond ready to be done with it. Here are the current problems in it:

1. It is infested with cockroaches.

If you leave food on the counter in the kitchen and then walk out of the room for a minute when you come back (literally 1 minute later) there are ten of those suckers all over it. They live everywhere. We have them spray weekly and nothing ever got better. We moved in and they were already there and they never left. It's been hell.

2. All of our neighbors are freshman who party (loudly) until 5am. Even on a Tuesday.
 (Yes I am kind of jealous that my college days are over and don't need the daily reminder of it)

3. All of our kitchen appliances break on a regular basis (probably because the stupid cockroaches live in them). We have been without an oven and microwave for a week now and I'm getting sick of grilling everything. We actually reheat food on our grill.

4. Did I mention it is infested with cockroaches. Seriously sooooo gross.


So Friday can't come soon enough!

I'm very tired of packing and my OCD is going crazy with how messy and crazy our place is.
This is my dining room. 
This is what has happened to my once perfectly organized and color coded closet
The one thing I'm going to miss so much is my wonderful HUGE closet. It has been amazing!

Our new place will be a lot smaller than this one, but I'm actually pretty excited to downsize. We currently are in a two story/two bedroom apartment but it's just too big for us. Plus this is giving us a great excuse to get rid of a lot of our junk (although Jeff hasn't given up a single one of his things). 
I've been posting all of my stuff I don't want anymore on those facebook online yard sale pages and have made about $1,200 so far! So less junk and more $$$- sounds like a win to me!

I have been online shopping for new apartment stuff! Here's what I got so far.
This chevron rug! This is my living room inspiration! Except for a lighter blue instead of Navy. 

New Bedspread! It's organic (whatever that means)

I'm going furniture shopping tomorrow!! So excited!

I also had to buy new jeans because mine are too big :) It's money I don't mind spending! Hope everyone has a happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Where'd you order the rug? It's nice! Funny thing is I'm also in the decorating mood. Tyring to get my living and dining room ready along with my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overstock.com. Seriously the cheapest place I've found cute rugs :) I want to see pictures when you're done decorating!
    http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Area-Rugs/244/cat.html?products=7639226&TID=HP:S0AMainL3#Home-Garden/Alexa-Chevron-Vibe-Zebra-Rug-53-x-76/5712087/product.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving what you've picked out so far! Moving can be stressful but it's also super exciting. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jessica! I really appreciate it! :) It's definitely stressful, but it will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete